The Best Places in Your Business to Install Security Camera Systems in PhoenixMay 10, 2018 2:42 pm Leave your thoughts
As a business owner, you know just how important it is to make sure your property is completely safe and secure at all times. Not only is this crucial to the success of your business, but it also goes a long way toward maintaining your sanity and peace of mind.
While you cannot monitor all areas of your property yourself, you can install security camera systems in Phoenix to remotely track every nook and cranny of your business grounds at once. Security systems are an outstanding investment—they increase your business’s safety, reduce property insurance costs and act as a deterrent to crime. In the event a crime occurs, they can provide you with some crucial evidence to help police capture the person responsible and bring them to justice.
Once you’ve decided you’re going to install a security camera system on your premises, the next step is to determine where you will put those cameras. Here are some of the spots experts recommend you place your security cameras:
- Entrances and exits: Installing security cameras at every entrance and exit allows you to keep track of everyone who comes and goes from your property, and whether they are authorized to be there or are trespassing. This is also the best way for you to get clear looks at people’s faces for purposes of identification. Cameras that can be seen at entrances and exits also serve as excellent crime deterrents. A potential criminal who sees a camera over the door will probably think twice about their actions.
- Reception areas: Reception areas see a lot of traffic of members from the general public coming in and out. This is also likely to be the first area employees step into when they come into the office. Having a camera in place not only acts as a deterrent, but is also sensible just because of how many people pass through this area on an everyday basis.
- Supply and storage areas: Whether you’re simply storing inventory or you have a lot of confidential records and sensitive documents locked away, it makes sense to have surveillance cameras in those storage areas. This will discourage people from attempting to steal that property, be they employees or intruders. This also applies to warehouses and loading docks, which can greatly benefit from multiple security cameras at various angles.
- Work areas: If you want to monitor the habits of your employees and get a better handle on harassment or workplace misbehavior, or if the workplace also involves a lot of customer interaction (such as a storefront), it’s a good idea to have security cameras in place.
- Secluded areas: If there are any other secluded areas on your property that could benefit from extra surveillance, such as parking lots, ramps, back alleys, dumpster areas or courtyards, consider placing cameras in those locations as well.
For more information and tips about making the best use of your security camera systems in Phoenix, contact Southwest System Monitoring, Inc. today.
Categorised in: Security Cameras
This post was written by Writer