If you’re a business owner looking for a new way to take your building management strategy to the next level, consider investing in building automation technology. A building automation system can help you maximize your company’s energy efficiency, reduce your security risks and improve employee performance.
At its core, a system for building automation in Phoenix, AZ, is a centralized, computer-operated network that controls door access, maintains temperature levels, monitors security cameras and triggers and more. Building automation systems are usually as hands-on or as hands-off as you want them to be, meaning that you can program your system upon installation and let it take care of the rest.
There are a number of building automation solutions available, depending on the scale of your company and the degree to which you’d like to automate your company. Everything from lighting to elevators to closed circuit television can be incorporated into a single building automation system.
Here are just some of the primary benefits your business may reap by investing in a building automation system:
- Saves energy: The primary benefit associated with building automation technology is that it allows you to optimize your building’s energy use. For instance, you can program lights to turn on when employees begin arriving to your facility, and turn off when it’s time for them to leave. Additionally, you can program year-round temperature controls that make it unnecessary to fiddle with the thermostat.
- Allows building control from around the world: One of the best parts of building automation is that you don’t even have to be present to change the calibration on most systems. Modern building automation technology is typically cloud-based, meaning you can use your laptop or smartphone to access security camera footage, turn off the lights or change the temperature.
- Improved security: Building automation also provides your operation with improved security. You can implement electronic access control through your building automation system, which allows you to grant only select employees access to sensitive areas throughout your campus. Additionally, building automation systems often include integrated security camera software.
- Total control: Rather than operating separate pieces of software for every aspect of your building’s management, building automation systems provide you with absolute control over your structure in a conveniently accessible format. This means you can dedicate employee time and resources that may have been spent managing your building toward other projects.
- Real-time updates: Because you can access the technology from across the globe, building automation allows you to receive real-time updates regarding your company’s building. For instance, if a cold snap sets in and your office becomes too cold, your system could send you a notification asking you to adjust accordingly.
Southwest System Monitoring, Inc. is a trusted provider of technology for building automation in Phoenix, AZ. We’re proud to provide our clients with a wide range of automation solutions. If you’re looking for ways to upgrade your business and bring your building management strategy into the 21st century, reach out to the automation experts at Southwest System Monitoring, Inc., today.
Categorised in: Building Automation
This post was written by Writer