As a business owner, one of your main points of emphasis should be keeping your business premises safe and secure at all times. One of the best ways to do this is by implementing an access control system in Phoenix.
Here are just a few examples of some of the biggest benefits associated with the use of these access control systems at commercial properties:
- Restrict some areas of your property: Larger commercial enterprises are not likely to give all of their employees full access to all offices or premises. An access control system allows you to personalize keycards for your employees that give them access to only the places they need to be. This can help you ensure everyone stays in the areas in which they belong.
- More than doors: Access control systems are about more than just opening up doors (and allowing for specific doors to be opened). These types of systems can also be used with turnstiles, parking gates, barriers and fences, making it easier for you to keep intruders away from the workplace and creating an overall safer work environment for everyone to enjoy and feel comfortable in.
- Guard against duplication: If you give out actual key sets, there’s always the risk that your employees will go out and get copies made, even if they say “do not copy” on them. The more keys and copies that are floating around, the greater a chance there is that one of those keys will fall into the wrong hands. With access control systems, it is much more difficult to make copies, so you don’t have to worry about people having keys when they shouldn’t.
- No need to change locks: When you’re using a standard lock and key system, you’ll need to change all the locks in your building if someone gets access to the property when they shouldn’t have it. With an access control system, all it takes is changing up the codes or access preferences to determine who can and cannot enter an area. There’s no need to go through and swap out all the hardware every time there’s a minor security breach.
- Allow access to multiple locations: If your business has multiple locations or campuses, then an access control system is especially beneficial, because your employees will be able to use the same cards and codes across the different campuses. This is a better, more efficient solution than having to have multiple sets of physical keys for every single property you own.
- Integration: Access control systems can also be integrated with some of the other important systems in your building, such as HVAC. Some systems allow you to determine which specific areas of the building should be heated, cooled or lit at any given time, allowing you to save on energy costs by not heating or cooling a room that doesn’t need it.
These are just a few examples of some of the major benefits of access control systems in Phoenix. Contact Southwest System Monitoring, Inc. today for more information about this technology.
Categorised in: Access Control
This post was written by Writer